Friday is Reading Day
I am starting a regular weekly post that will focus on SEO and Social Media. It will contain summaries and links to articles I found during the week, and thought were interesting.
- For SEO, You need a story to tell (searchengineguide.com Sept. 20, 2010) The secret to successful search engine optimization is to have content that people really want to find. The best take away from this article is at the end. "When we stop talking at our customers and start talking to them, or even with them, our marketing will suddenly start being a little more like talking to our spouse over dinner. It's those kind of customer relationships that we need to develop and keep"
- What everybody ought to know about YouTube video ranking (pandia.com Sept. 26, 2010) Seven steps to help your videos to higher rank.
- How to: "Use B2B Social Media for Lead Generation (topRankBlog.com Sept. 30,2010) Discusses who will and won't benefit from Social Media and offers some concrete suggestions and Tips. This blog was based on a session at 2010 Minnesota Interactive Marketing Association Summit.
- The Dangers of Overdoing SEO (seoMoz.com Sept. 28, 2010) A must read for anyone just beginning the path of SEO.
- Facebook Says "Likers" Click Links To External Websites 5.4x More (insidefacebook.com Sept. 29, 2010) Discusses reasons websites should look at implementing Facebook Like or other social media buttons.
- Does SEO Make Sense for Your Business? (clickz.com Sept. 29, 2010) A look at two case studies of businesses before they tried SEO.